Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Two Day Blog

We had guided reading today. (Daniel)
We talked about our 3-D shapes. (Mattie)
We had book buddies yesterday. (Julia)
During our morning meeting Mrs. Ziegler predicted rain instead of snow and then later she admitted that she was not a weather man. (Jane)
In phonics and word block we cheered and chanted "girl" and "hand". (David)
We had library today. (Adam)
In writing we finished our tooth fairy stories. (Rosalie and Jane)
During snack we read two Dr. Seuss books. (Murphy)
For shared reading a read just a couple of pages from a Dr. Seuss book. (Jamey)
Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday. (Izzy)
We got to do guided reading and one of my stations was S.S.R. (Jordan)
Mrs. Ziegler shared a few stories about Jackson. (Wodajo)
We had to finish math after specials. (Caroline)
We had inside recess. (Anne)
We got to learn more about Jane because she is our star student for the week! (Julia)
We had art yesterday. (Adam)
We had substitute in the library today. (Xander)
I shared the two ribbons I won at the horse show. (Mattie)
We will not have Spanish for a while because Senora Hooten can't be here. (Caroline)
Yesterday the page we read came from the book called And to think, I saw it on Mulberry Street. (Paisley)

Question for Students (parents, please help your child respond with a comment)

What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

14 comments:

  1. my favorite is "Happy Birthday To You" Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Dr. Seuss book is The Cat in the Hat because it is a book that you can learn from since they do a lot of stuff you should not do! jane crowley

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cat in the Hat-Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cat in the Hat from Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom and I have the same favorite: Green Eggs and Ham!! Izzy Wright

    ReplyDelete
  6. My two favorites are "Yertle the Turtle" and "Bartholomew and the Oooblec"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I still love My Many Colored Days madly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite Dr.Seuss book is Cat And The Hat Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite Dr.Suess books are Green Eggs and Ham and And to think,I saw it on Mulberry Street.

    Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green Eggs and Ham! (Sam, Sam, Sam I am, I will not eat greens eggs and ham!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! You are all giving such wonderful titles...I love all of these books although I have never read My Many Colored Days...I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was published posthumously and, as Dr. Seuss directed, has the artwork of another artist so as not to distract from the text. It's actually a very good book to build off of, in terms of writing exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mattie says....Green Eggs & Ham

    ReplyDelete