Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tongue Twisters!

Today was another very fun day. Students got to read their tongue twisters for Mrs. Ziegler's new flip camcorder and can be viewed in this very blog! We began a science experiment to answer a question posed by Zach; What will happen to an ice cube if it is left outside on a day with temperatures below freezing? Due to an accidental interference from some other students on their way to recess, we will have to try our experiment again tomorrow. We worked on our calendar skills as well as using mathematical logic/reasoning to solve some "winter" mysteries. Rosalie's mom was our mystery guest. Of course, we can't forget to mention how much fun all the students had with their toys during inside recess today, they were truly deserving of this compliment party! Below are the tongue twisters composed by each student followed by a video of each student reading. Enjoy!





8 comments:

  1. here is my tongue twister.....Murphy's mother Marla makes mango muffins for monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am murphy's brother.I love her
    tongue twister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading the blog and I am so embarassed that my brother wrote on my blog.

    Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the videos on the tounge twisters! Great job class! Lyndsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the video! And I'm so impressed with Mrs. Ziegler's (and George's mom's) technological talents! Can't wait to see what you all do next!!
    Beth Budd

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT JOB EVERYONE! What great, imaginative, tongue twisters! Especially proud of my sweet girl, Mattie!
    Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific tongue twisters from talented first graders! Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda
    (David's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My class learned more about alliteration by watching your tongue twisters. Awesome Job!
    From Mrs. Sims' 1st grade class
    Country Place Elementary
    Carrollton, Tx

    ReplyDelete