Friday, May 13, 2011

Playing Scoot, loosing teeth and writing to our pen pals!

Today we were supposed to go to art but we actually got to go to P.E. (Connor)
Today we finished the math game called SCOOT! (Virginia)
Today we read the letters from our Pen Pals and then wrote one back to them. (Calloway)
My tooth came out! (Hampton)
For our spelling test today Mrs. Ziegler used one of our challenge words to give this sentence: "Last night Jackson was running around the house as if he were insane!"(Ella)
Almost EVERYONE finished their rain forest animal research project. (Helen)
I get to take the tooth journal home! (Dallia)
Today is Whitaker Spirit Day. (Virginia)
Today we had a minute math test. (Luke)
We have started SpellWell. (Hampton)
We had inside recess today. (Marie)
For minute math some of us got huge papers with a lot of problems. (Michael)
There are only 21 days left of school! (Ford)
Next Friday is May Fest! (Caroline)
Inside recess ROCKS! (Jayden)
Last night was the talent show and my sister was in it. (Helen)
Ford's minute math test already had the answers printed on it so Mrs. Mowad had to make him a new one! (Ella)
On our minute math test Mrs. Ziegler accidentally gave us 15 extra seconds! (Zach)
Ford lost the lid to our old estimation jar so Mrs. Ziegler got a new one for us today.(Luke)
We tried to blog this morning but Blogger was not working!(Patrick)
Today is my Pen Pals birthday!(John)

Question for Parents:

Have you ever had a pen pal? If you have, who was it and how did you know them?

3 comments:

  1. No, I never had a pen pal. I know Ella enjoys hers this year through school.---Amy Gamble

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pen pal from China once, but I was not good about writing to him, so we were not pen pals for long.---Jason Gamble

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have! When I went to camp more head as a tween I made a buddy who lived in southern pines, nc and we kept in touch via snail mail. There were no cell phones then and long distance phone calls cost a lot of money. Our best method was writing letters. I recently found her on Facebook and we caught back up and rekindled our friendship!

    ReplyDelete